Monday, February 18, 2013

Mister Sandman...Bring Me a Dream.....

Greetings and Salutations--
     So I have been a bit blue as of lately.. I guess we all get that way from time to time.. I am a bit hard on myself-- OK--so I am super hard on myself but I have been trying to not give into the feelings that I want what I want when I want it-- IE a relationship and yesterday.. It isn't out of desperation or plain loneliness-- It is out of feeling like I am truly ready-- I wanna share my life..  And I feel that I am really ready for quite possibly the first time in my life.. To chose wisely and willingly.. To share not only my love and emotion with someone but to share my thoughts, ideas, and to grow with that person.. For someone else to share all those things with me.. I want to pay attention to the red flags this time and find someone with more green and yellow ones.. I truly believe that relationships overall can be wonderful and more positive than negative.. Work in a relationship doesn't scare me.. I feel like I have learned the difference between one step forward and two steps back vs when you work in the same general direction and actually make progress.. I trust the Universe will know when it feels I am truly ready and until then I will wait patiently (most days) with a smile  :)
      Sleep.. Adequate sleep is truly an amazing thing.. You read about it all the time and everyone knows how important it is.. Yet most of us are chronically sleep deprived.. I get ribbed often from my friends because I go to bed early.. I have been off and on the wagon of sleep and I have to tell you I have arrived at an absolute truth for me in the past few days (after being off the sleep wagon for some time now).. Sleep and enough of it will be priority one for me.. Since being alittle blue around the gills (sad) for the past few weeks I have noticed that my outlook has changed dramatically in the past 24 hours and all I have done is get a good nights rest and listen to my music.. Sleep gives you the mental strength to see things in a positive light..
      Lately I have been hard on myself because I have not been achieving the goals that I have set.. Not that I haven't been reaching some of them, alot of them.. But in my eyes not enough of them and I am still struggling on a few as I mentioned in last weeks blog that I feel I should have mastered by now.. I think it is a combination of a few things that has made me lighten up and ready to try another approach..
     As I blogged last week, I am mostly going to monitor my time management as I feel it is a very important foundation.. With proper time management I will be on the positive side of success with my endeavors more often and manage my life in keeping with the standards I have set for myself-- Lets face it-- living alone, with no kids, husband, or roommate to answer to-- time management is my albatross-- I have no one to answer to but myself and it is never a good thing when you ignore yourself too often as sometimes I do..
     Someone last week made a simple comment that they have been doing the M-F grind for 7 years and still don't manage their time as well as they would like.. I can't tell you how much better it made me feel that I wasn't alone.. It is such a simple, wonderful thing when you feel the burden of perceiving yourself as being alone in a thought, feeling, or idea to be lifted.. Even when intellectually you know the truth-- To be validated that you aren't alone is such a wonferful reason to be grateful.. Somehow that lighten the load in my mind.. Then I coupled that with making a decision to scrap my plans of staying up late Sunday night to try make myself feel better by getting stuff done I felt I should have done over the weekend.. I chose sleep instead..
     I have to tell you that I feel like a million bucks today and even though I have a million things "To Do" I have the mental stamina to know I will finish it all when I do and in the mean time I have kicked myself a lot less today than I have in awhile.. Sleep-- what a wonderful and grossly underestimated thing.. I plan to stick to my guns-- Bed time is bedtime and I will stop letting a great nights sleep get eroded away-- It isn't worth the price to get myself back inline.. When is the last time you got a weeks worth of great sleep?

Tootles :)
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Sleep is VERY important. I find that my mind won't let me sleep sometimes. I can be pysically tired but my mind won't shut down....I need an "off" button.......

    ReplyDelete