Sunday, June 2, 2013

I think I Can... I Think I Can...

Greetings and Salutations
     So today I thought that I would share the successes of my week.. Seems like a good follow up from last week's blog.. The following thoughts of course contribute to why I believe it is advantageous to have a positive belief system.. When the good stuff hits you can enjoy it on a level of pleasure you never thought possible.. And I am not talking about moving heaven and stars.. I am talking about that little stuff that I am always speaking of.. That little stuff that always adds up and together helps reshape your world into something wonderful if you allow it to..
     So what did I get right? I have kept the house more picked up.. Still a work in progress but I am acutely aware of the goal I am after.. Keep picked up so I can have my weekends to myself and do something other than clean like the step child from Cinderella.. I feel like I am on a good path with that.. Funny how the little things can trip you up.. I went though my junk drawer with paperwork that gives me nightmares every time I open it (which is often)  It is something I have been putting off for quite some time and now it is done.. I reorganized my current stack of "things to do" so that it would increase the odds that it would actually get done.. So far so good.. The pile looks better and is more manageable..
     I think I have found my optimal sleep number.. It is eight hours for sure and the sweet spot is eight hours and fifteen minutes.. I can't begin to tell you that the foundation to any real accomplishment (s) begin (s) with good, sound, consistent sleep.. Sleep deprivation is insidious and should be taken very seriously.. Adequate sleep is the tone that all things forward are framed by in your life.. Patience, mood, health, and overall outlook about life to name a few.. Funny thing is it is a catch twenty-two.. You really don't believe in it until you have done it enough to make it a habit and see past your doubt.. Doubt is a strong foe.. It can undermined any attempt(s) at changing (bad) behavior.. Doubt is a mirage and saboteur of real progress.. I guess it is like all other things in life.. You have to live it to believe it..
     I read this weekend again Saturday and Sunday for about an hour before getting out of bed.. I have mentioned this before but it is worth mentioning again.. It's decadent.. It is such a peaceful way to start your day.. Try it and tell me what you think. . As with most new behaviors, it may take a time or two to really feel it.. Maybe you won't.. But it is such a treat.. It is a gift I would love to give you all.. Reading before you get out of bed makes it worth it to wake up early.. It is giving to yourself and reaping the reward silently as you read your favorite book.. Time is precious and when you give yourself the gift of taking time out for you, only then do you really relish it..
     I started my long list of "Thanks You" notes I have been needing to send out.. It has been difficult to get into the right zone to make that happen.. It felt great to get the ones done that I have.. Still have more to go but I am further ahead then I was five notes ago.. I called one of my Mom's friends to see if she wants some of her clothes.. That has been on my list for two weeks.. It is funny.. I never hung out much with my Mom's friends before, but now that she is gone, I feel closer to her through her friends..
     Today I ran out the pool table (meaning that my opponent never had an opportunity to shoot during the game).. I broke the rack and it was a b-e-a-utiful break and sank a ball.. I then proceeded to make every shot.. All the way to the eight ball.. Now I gotta tell you and those that play pool understand.. It was AMAZING.. I haven't played in something close to a year.. Months and I can leave it at that.. I have NEVER ran the table before.. Two shots including the eight ball were very difficult.. One of the two was a combo..
     Why am a sharing an AWESOME pool story with you other than I am a really cheap date to be so very excited about this feat? I could see every shot before I made it.. I was in a zone.. I could feel it and I had no doubt I was going to make it.. I want you and I to figure out how to replicate this in other areas of our lives.. Imagine what you can accomplish with such clarity.. Such vision.. It was truly a remarkable feeling.. It wasn't about killin' it on the table.. It was about a personal best and how that felt.. How much in the moment I was and nothing else mattered.. I will learn how to replicate that again and again in my life in other areas.. Just as I have done with smoking.. I just did it..
      This weekend has finally culminated into a beginning of a sense of accomplishment for some of the hard work I have been putting in.. It is progress from last week.. I feel progress towards some base goals that I don't feel I can or should more forward (with the others on the list) until the basic goals are a habit.. A dear friend pointed out this weekend was a very social one and she is right.. That is the place I want to delegate a fair amount of my time..
     Speaking of time delegation I bought this really cool App "Eternity" for my IPOD.. I am tracking all areas of my time and where I spend it.. Commute to and from work, my blog (will have to estimate this time-- I forgot to start the timer), cooking, cleaning, talking on the phone, computer time, TV time, any catagory you chose to monitor.. You can track more than one event at a time if you are multi-tasking.. It is such a cool tool.. How can you decide where you want to spend your time more diligently if you have no idea where it goes.. Where you actually spend it, not where you imagine you spend it and how much.. I am currently reading a book (of course)  "168 Hours You Have More Time Than You Think" by Laura Vanderkam and it is changing the way I see my time and how I choose to spend it..
     The final act to kick off a great and stellar week is that for about a month now I have wanted to manage my time well enough to blog on Sunday and prepare lunch for the week.. Guess what-- I just did.. Have a fantastic week.. Set a goal and go after it.. Write to me about your success.. Even if you don't accomplish it, take the steps to try and tell me about how close you came.. Helpfulbee@gmail.com


Tootles  :)
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment