Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wonders Never Cease

Greetings and Salutations
     My Friday was a disappointment.. Overall I would rate it as moderate suckage.. I hate when I can't communicate properly with people.. Its really even a step beyond that.. I hate when I can't get someone to see where I am coming from, my perspective.. You know when people just chalk up your thoughts/feelings to that of a cray-cray? Anyway so I will move onto more positive thoughts.. The weather has made it very difficult with all the rain.. When I was out of town for the weekend I exercised in the hotel gym on the stationary bike.. I really was shocked by how much I liked it.. I dislike tread mills. They make me feel like a rat.. But on the bike it felt different.. Can't really explain it.. Maybe I just like that activity better and it is simple as that.. So that got me to thinking.. Twice this week alone I would have cycled or played tennis if the weather was better.. I am tired of the stop and start crap with being active..
      At work they offer a gym membership for really cheap and it's month to month.. I think that I am going to get a membership so I can still bike even when it rains.. It is cheap enough that I won't freak for all the time I won't end up spending in the gym (when the weather is good).. It will be worth it when it is pouring or it's 110 degrees outside and I can still cycle.. My goal is to be active pretty much everyday.. Something.. Bike, tennis, swim.. I want to move as much as possible..
     I dislike the word exercise.. It sounds, atleast when you are overweight like I am, like a temporary measure.. Condescending somehow like "oh, your excising.. You poor thing. Don't worry it won't last long I'm sure.. You'll give up and go back to sitting on your ass soon"..  Maybe that is just the voice in my brain.. Skinny people have an "outdoor lifestyle" or are "physical" when they bike, hike, run, walk, play tennis, etc.. Fat people exercise.. Kinda like moms "take care of" the kids when they have them and yet dads "babysit" the kids when they have them.. I have never understood that.. Then again I am not married nor do I have kids.. Looks like I will take that conundrum to the grave with me..
     So I am like a bulldog about staying active and figuring out what types of activities I like enough to make a routine.. A lifestyle that will stick with me.. I wanted to run.. I have decided at this moment or more correctly at this weight it makes my knees hurt too much.. They weren't at first.. Maybe it is running and cycling.. But I want to cycle more than run so until I get more into shape I will stick with my beautiful bike..
     I still need cardio.. I have looked into how much it is to join Charleston City Aquatics-- $160 a year.. That is $6.15 per paycheck to add to my budget category of yearly expenses I save for.. Sweet.. I can handle that.. This Sunday I am going to go over and check it out.. I love to swim.. That is a great work out and wonderful for my heart and lungs.. I will have to get a suit (yuck) that I can aggressively swim in where the girls won't pop out.. Wow, wouldn't that be embarrassing for that to happen in the middle of getting your laps on LOL..
    Friday I was sad.. Wanna know something bizarre? The thought crossed my mind how much I wished the weather was better so I could get my sweat on and that maybe that was part of my problem (lack of exertion).. That I haven't been physical since last Saturday.. I haven't had my dose of a natural endorphin release to make me feel better or give me the chance to "work out" my angst or just to keep my momentum going.. Now let me tell you I never thought I would see the day I would realize I miss getting my sweat on doing one of my favorite physical activities.. One day that line of thinking won't shock me.. Thank the Lord it still does now.. I have gratitude for that..
     I have an official plan to hedge the weather next summer and join the gym at work.. Next year summer weather won't get in my way of consistent physical activity.. Should winter get in my way I know what to do immediately-- join the gym STAT.. For now, I will be patient and keep trying harder to get up early enough to exercise in the am and know better weather is just around the corner..

Tootles :)
Heather

2 comments: