Monday, November 19, 2012

What Does Faith Have To Do With Self Evolvement?

Greetings and Salutations--
  Hello all--Hope you are getting geared up for the coming holiday season and I wish the best for you and your families!! Tonight I hope everyone will stay with me long enough to hear out my thoughts.. I would imagine a few got the vapors from the title alone.. Stay with me now-- I promise it will not be a sermon :)
  For the longest time I have had a personal self limiting belief that "true" faith is something that for the most part comes from a church.. Not that it doesn't or can't but I am not talking about that kind of faith.. Tonight I looked up old school style two words, the first of which is faith: (1) confidence or trust in a person or thing (2) belief that is not based on proof (4) belief in anything, as a code of ethics, or the occurrence of a future event (The Random House College Dictionary).. I believe this to be critical ingredient to any lasting, real life changes a person can make.. Faith that today, as you begin your journey or tomorrow when you take that first step, real change will happen.. That you can turn your life into what ever you want or need it to be.. That all things are possible and you don't have to have the outcomes drawn out on a map before you start your journey.. Some times you really shouldn't skip to to the last chapter and cheat.. Have faith that things will work out.. That you will handle what ever it is that life can throw at you with skill and grace..
  I have a 12x12 inch cork board in my bathroom--my quote or thought board of sorts.. It is that priming thing I have talked about before.. I read them all every day..Here are two-- "If you are not willing to learn-- no one can help you.. If you are determined to learn--no one can stop you" and "If 75% of what you worry about doesn't happen--why worry about it 100% of the time?"-- these really speak to faith in what you can't see or touch yet you move forward anyway. Having faith that one day in the near or far future it will all come together and make sense.. That you will achieve what you are working so hard for..
  I think of it like this--if you have kids you teach them and invest all you have to give them a foundation to build on for the rest of their lives.. You don't know how your kids will turn out..You don't know if they will be the next Bill Gates or the next loser.. You have faith that you are investing in someone who will do nothing but succeed in life.. So why not put that kind of faith in yourself?  Whether you have kids or not is a mute point.. Have faith that you can improve yourself.. That you can move mountains when it comes to getting what you want out of your life.. It is all about quality.. It starts somewhere small and grows--which takes me to the second definition I looked up tonight..
  Evolve: (1)to develop gradually (3) to come forth gradually into being;develop;undergo evolution (same as above)--This is one of the best ingredients of all in life-- I feel this with all my soul and being.. With  faith in evolution it gives you purpose in life when purpose is lacking or absent.. Every day is a new beginning and an opportunity to get it right again.. Change what didn't work yesterday.. Never give up or let go of what you are striving for.. patience, love, capacity to forgive and move on, energy, ridding yourself of habits that hold you back from life, poor choices, wasting your time, or just plain squandering your life away.. My lord I could go on and on.. With the determination of getting started- faith will tide you over until results start pouring in.. Expect great things and it will happen.. Expect something positive and let it happen.. Do something to help it along.. Don't just sit on your hiney and expect a great life to knock on the door.. Seek it out.. Make it happen..
  What do you want out of life? What do you lay awake at night or drink the evening away wishing you had? When will you realize that it is time to stop being a victim and take charge of who you are and where you are in life? You are the only one that can change it.. Stop being a victim of yourself-- that's the worst thief of all--

Tootles :)
Heather

2 comments: