Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'll Be Damned..I've Been Bitten Again.....

Greetings and Salutations
     Good Morning..  Interesting that I have discovered that I use my time more efficiently when I blog in the morning and edit when I get home.. I love discovery and stumbled over this little victory a few weeks ago when I blogged on a Monday morning by accident.. Now, enough with that and on to the meat and potatoes of what's knockin' around in my head today.. I have officially been bitten by the exercise bug.. I can't believe it has finally gotten around to finding me after all these years.. I thought it most likely would never happen.. I have to report how this is making me feel.. How breakthroughs truly are about persistence.. No time line is required.. It is about personal sweat equity of staying with a thought or dream until it happens..
     I have never been an outdoorsy type person.. I have never been a sports person.. I have never been an exercise person.. I have always wished that I was all three of these.. I have dreamt many times over that this would be a natural thing within me that I would exercise multiple times a week and that I would miss it if I wasn't doing it.. That it would be incorporated into my daily/weekly routine the same as sleeping, eating, working, and breathing.. That I would enjoy the outdoors like I observed with other people.. It started with getting back into tennis (yoga actually but that is another blog).. Oh how I really love to play that game.. I have been playing a few times a week with a friend for the past month or so.. I also found a court with a backboard and I think more about that backboard than I do about men (OK.. almost as much) LOL.. I am beyond excited that I have found a way to participate in an activity that doesn't require having someone to play with me.. I'm ready for a part time job so I can play every day.. I am ready to pitch a tent beside the court so I can roll out of bed and play first thing in the morning.. How wonderful it is to feel that passionate about anything in life..
     I have been thinking about getting a bike to lap around Hampton Park for a few weeks.. Can you believe that I just discovered that park existed only this past year? What can I say.. I hardly ever went on that side of the Crosstown and while I did go around the park a few times, I never looked beyond the trees before me.. Saturday I became the proud owner of  "Virginia" my new hot pink mountain bike.. Those of you who know me personally can hear me say her name in my mock British accent Vir-GIN-ya LOL.. I can't believe that I am the proud owner of a bike.. I biked Six miles that day.. Three miles and took a breather.. Then three more.. Sunday I biked six miles before I took a break. Then four more.. Sixteen miles in two days and I lived not only to tell about it, but could walk the next day.. I almost peed my panties that I didn't need traction for a week :)~  So now I have yoga, acupuncture, tennis, and biking on my mind every day.. Who am I? If I wasn't watching myself grow I would have trouble recognizing myself.. How awesome is that?
     So here is the bottom line of my thoughts about making changes, pursuing anything you are after, or wanting to add something into your life that at the present moment doesn't exist no matter how small or large.. I read alot of books and so many of them are spot on but this is where I think most fall short of the real message.. There IS no time frame of when you can mark down an attempt as a failure or success for that matter.. When you want something bad enough you will find a way.. When it is a personal success you'll know it and all the failures will no longer matter.. You are working on it even when you make no physical steps towards you goal.. Half the battle is to get it into your head and think about it over and over..  As long as what ever you are after is in your soul you will find a way.. It might take one week.. It might take three months or Six.. It might take a year or more.. Just no matter what, keep at it in your mind and it will find a way to manifest itself in your life.. I can't stress that enough.. Forget about the calendar.. Just keep the object of your desire in your minds eye and be patient.. Make every baby step you can.. Bigger ones will come along the way.. It will happen if you stick with it I promise..
     I am to the point of two awesome decisions that I never thought I would hear come out of my mouth.. First I want to run a 5K within the next year.. I want to say six months but I'm chicken to.. I can't run more than about three minutes as I type.. Second, I am going to get up at 530 am so can make more time to exercise.. Holy shit-- who is this girl typing this? I am happy beyond what I could ever express to another human being.. It just gets better and better.. Cheers to your own journey..


Tootles :)
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment