Monday, July 1, 2013

My Vacation Report

Greetings and Salutations
     Hope your weekend was fantastic.. I just got back from a 7 day vacation.. I would have loved to report to you that it rocked, but it actually fell alittle short and missed the mark.. It feels much like when you have a meal that was good but "didn't quite hit the spot".. The image I had in my head of what I needed unfortunately never came into focused fruition..
     I do feel rested and have to say it was nice to wake up every morning at 0900.. It was great to get out of town.. I read 600 pages out of my book.. I enjoyed hanging out with my friend that was able to come for most of the days I was there.. It just lacked the visual beauty and the "some something" that I was in need of.. It has been more than five years since I have been off the continental US and on a vacation that I have planned.. I want the vacations of my travel days to meet the woman I am today.. Now THAT will be a holiday I can't wait to have.. Maybe getting off the road also got me out of the mindset and zone I was in when I traveled.. After all aren't all things a matter of habits? The habit to never go on vacation and the habit to vacation often? The lessons I learned from this near hit of a vacation are several and I will carry them forward to the next one that I am already mentally planning..
     What are some of those lessons? I was ready to get out of the country.. I should have listened to myself.. I still had cellphone coverage (first sign you didn't get far enough away), I didn't need to exchange my money, and I could easily speak English.. Oh yeah, and perhaps the most important thing is that I never needed my passport.. Doesn't get any more disappointing than that.. Absolutely no disrespect to Puerto Rico, but it just wasn't the place for me.. I knew this intuitively yet I chose to ignore it.. My need to get away over-road my ability to put off the trip and save more money to have more distant destination choices.. I need to learn to truly trust my instincts when it comes to places I am interested in visiting.. I know myself better than I think I do sometimes..
     While I don't think of myself as a hotel snot, apparently as you get older (for me) I am requiring a level of sophistication that I have never desired until now.. I am talking about hotel land somewhere between The Four Seasons and Motel Six.. I like fluffy bedding and a room that has great karma and a happy vibe... I love a garden tub that I can "swim" in atleast daily.. One of my favorite ways to relax is in a nice hot, deep, bubble bath.. In the dark surrounded with candles, my favorite music, and a glass of wine in my hand..
      I need to have a beautiful view out of my window with a balcony.. Mountains covered in trees serving as a backdrop to beautiful blue waters or in a bustling city with people moving about in their daily lives while I observe a moment in time I am taking a break from.. I want to perch in a comfee chair on that balcony while sipping morning coffee or an evening cocktail while being enveloped with sights and sounds my environment.. To soak up my surroundings like a piece of bread and let the moments infuse into my bones and soul.. Feel the warm breeze on my skin and through my hair.. You know, where you close your eyes and feel the moment caress you.. For me, I guess the surroundings of where I live, even temporarily, have a deeper impact on me then I have ever recognized.. This is a new lesson I have learned about myself that I must incorporate into my vacations and never deny myself from a wonderful hotel in the perfect location ever again..
     I want a body massage in a cabana on the beach by a really hot masseuse.. I want to do yoga on the beach at sunrise and sunset.. I want someone to personally show me the sights and cool places without only being in a group.. I want to hangout in a really cool bar with a warm ambiance and meet awesome local people that make me laugh and feel special to have crossed paths with them.. I want to incorporate those experiences into my soul when I feel gratitude and awe that I am living that moment.. I want to go to bed early and wake up early.. I want to take in the local music scene.. I want to feel every endorphin in my body as I am wrapped in the moment and never want it to stop.. See every sunrise and sunset..
     So at the end of the day did my vacation suck? It wasn't all bad.. I will use my fresh experience to move forward and plan a vacation that suits who I have become today.. I feel focused and have my eye on the ball of my life that I am making for myself.. Loose ends are coming together and I am obtaining new stride with the rhythm of my life.. Focus--that is the best gift this vacation could give me.. Knowing that I will have another chance to get it right on my next holiday makes my current reflection "all good in the hood" so to speak.. My ultimate goal would be to share it with someone special.. Funny, what if I planned a couples vacation and found someone along the way? Maybe planning one alone keeps it that way.. Then I could blog about all the places I would like to have sex...oh wait...that would be a different kind of blog


Tootles :)
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment